Friday, November 18, 2011

The Big Meet

Well last Friday ( hard to believe a week has already passed) I flew to Grenoble to meet Londi  from LondiCreations  before she heads of to New Zealand next month. We have known each other on line for almost 4 years and felt we had to meet at least once and Grenoble is a lot more accessable than NZ!

Seems very fitting that Londi just happened to be wearing an official Marshall Top (only amusing if you know that it happens to be my surname)
She took me to Domaine de Vizille which is now a museum, we strolled in the gardens and there is 10 hectares of it, beautifully maintained  and zillions of roses not out at this time of year but I can imagine how it will look, box hedges shaped into pyramids, even the pure white swans were very friendly especially if you had some bread in your hand, which I didn't but............
I suppose I could have taken this bread as an offering but as it was burnt to a crisp I thought they  might not appreciate it. Had Londi and I seen the smoke billowing out of her kitchen we might have managed to rescue it! Still she cooked a fabulous Spag Bol which happily did not burn.


The interior was breathtaking and it we must have spent a good 2 hours walking round, we were both exausted when we came out as there is so much to take in. Interior click on this link to see why we were blown away with this.
I was at the birth of this little beauty and watched Londi create it which was a real treat for me, she hand paints most of the embellishements and her attention to detail and colours as you can see are wonderful.



Thank you so much londi for your fabulous hospitality and friendship. I am so glad I came to see you.
Bises
xxxx

13 comments:

osovictoria said...

Sorry about the two comments deleted, I had posted twice and thought I only deleted one. My comment was how nice to meet up with a friend and stroll the museum, I would love doing that.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Have to say I had a great time with Londi, did you look at the link to the inside

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Oh Chrissie we did have a blast and talked our mouths dry!! Now I'm going through withdrawals and wish you were here! It felt so empty when you left and still does!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Wow LOndi how did you managed to leave a message and my name is on it looks like I am writing to myself, never seen that happen before!!!! My mouth is still dry:) oh not for much longer Londi the next few weeks will fly. Kinda pleased your missing me though xxxx and me you come to that.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

LOL that is funny!!! Maybe I'm still signed içn on your blogger??? hummmmmmmm My mouth is about to be treated!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

yep I guess we are soul sisters & I better go and get out of your account!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

ha ha what fun we had (NOT) trying to get in to my account. you do realise that people are going to think I have made all this up and have lost the plot!!!

Marcel said...

Ha! ha! too funny! :) Yes everyone I can vouch for them that this indeed are two people communicating. You must have not logged out of your account while there, makes sense. Hey it looks absolutely beautiful and I'm sure it was wonderful to explore the castle and its grounds. Such a treat! Thanks for sharing Chrissie :)

Krishenkas Treasures said...

It was Marcel and thanks for the vouch :) your still my hero for solving the problem with the keyboard xx

Adaptable Kay said...

Aw, how fun that you got to meet your friend before she moved! :)

And it looks like you both had a wonderful time nix the burnt bread. LOL

Although, those are the things that make memories the best :)

Marcel said...

Just glad I could help at the time Chrissie :) hugs!

londijer said...

Thanks everyone for looking!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Ha I see you have logged out of mine and on to yours :) Now I don't feel quite so silly. Enjoy the rest of the day and happy packing xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...