Saturday, January 24, 2015

Krispie Bars

Every Sunday when I was a wee tot my mama made a batch of these so we could take them to school for our mid morning snack. They are light, crispy & totally delicious,  thankfully I don't have to go to school anymore so can eat them when I like. If you do make some let me know what you think.

Ingredients

3 Mars Bars
85g butter
1 tablespoon Syrup
Desiccated Coconut
125g Rice Krispies
150g Milk or Plain choclate


Place butter, syrup and chopped mars bars into a pot and heat slowly till they all melt, then add the rice krispies and mix well. Pour the mixture into a tray (I used a rectangular tray 28cm x 20cm  lined with grease proof paper. Press down with back of spoon till flat and sprinkle a little of the coconut on top. Melt your chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot but not boiling water and then spread over the top of your krispies, sprinkle more coconut  on the top of the chocolate, then place in fridge until cool (about an hour is the most I can wait).

Remove from tin and cut into bite size pieces ready to pop in your mouth.

I took some over to my girlfriend yesterday and when she saw me she burst out laughing (hate it when that happens) she then got a napkin and very gently washed the chocolate of my face,  Hope you enjoy them.

xx

Thank you Joyce for sharing your Krispie Bars


14 comments:

Julee said...

OMGosh! I forgot about Mars Bars. What a fun recipe. I have added Mars Bars to my grocery list and I'm going to try these...soon!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Let me know if you do try it Julee would love to know what you think of them. Thanks for popping in

Terri Grothe said...

OMGosh! First day of my diet and I see this ;)
I am filing it away for later

Krishenkas Treasures said...

oops sorry Terri perhaps another time lol

Spaceships said...

My son would love this! He loves Krispie treats.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hope you make him a few as a treat

Terri Ramsey Beavers said...

These looks tasty. I'd love to try to make some.

Maryam said...

This looks really fricken good! lol. I'm going to give this a try!

Unknown said...

These look sooo good and not that hard to make at all!

Stefany T said...

Yum! these sound great!!!! I love coconut so that makes them even more appealing to me.

joyce said...

Christine your recipe for krispie's was delicous naughty but very nice! Certainly will be making them again thankyou xx

Krishenkas Treasures said...

So glad you made and enjoyed them Joyce xx

Unknown said...

nom nom!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Have stopped making them for awhile, well at least till I can get back into my jeans ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...