Sunday, December 29, 2013

Embroidery fun with Ribbon

Twirled Ribbon Roses, French Ribbon Knots, Spider Web Roses and Needleweaving Bars.  Been an age since I did these, forgot how relaxing and fun they are to do. The A-Z Embroidery Stitches book I bought for my daughter last Christmas and borrowed it back just to have a browse and saw the ribbon embroidery and felt I just had to have a wee play, and as I was making my granddaughter Poppy a few outfits for her doll I thought I would try it out on a top..... might add it took me for ever and I won't be in a hurry to do another, the top took minutes but I reckon it took me a good 4 hours off and on to finish the embroidery. Fun book and perfect for beginners through to advanced.



Rose scented Sachet


Another Rose scented sachet


 Top and trousers made from an old scarf
Pants from an old T-shirt, the poncho is a doily with the centre cut out, bias trim round the top with pink ribbon tie,and a little pouch bag made from the left over centre. Ta da

2 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

You're so very talented my dear friend! Those ribbon embroidery pieces are truly stunning!!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Thank you Kayla appreciate that Happy New Year to you and hope that 2014 is good to you xx hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...