Friday, December 20, 2013

What Can You Do with Rope TieBacks?

I just bet you have all seen these curtain tie backs around the second hand shops or car boot sales and just walked past. Well I buy them for next to nothing and I just wanted to show you a few things that you can do with them.
First just cut of the ends and you will have 3 strands (sometimes there are more) in this one there is a gold, chocolate and a gold and chocolate mix.
Then just unravel them and you will have beautiful spiralled thread.
Use to add a finishing touch to your craft project I used the gold on some lavender sachets
Finish your gift  with a lovely spiral effect
 I made these yo yo necklaces using the cord from the centre of the tieback, so nothing wasted
I tried a couple of poms poms one I left with a loop for hanging and the other could be a shoe clip, or again could be used to embellish a gift. I am sure there are many more uses for tiebacks, so next time pick one up and see what you can find to do with it. Would love to see what you come up with.

4 comments:

susan hemann said...

I just love all of them!! I have been picking them up for years. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Yay Susan have you made anything with them? would love to see. Happy holidays to you x

Vintage Maison said...

Aha! Now I'll know what to do - have got a few tucked away somewhere - thanks for that.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Great C do share what you do with them always looking for new ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...