You know when you get a glut of veggies from the garden and you wonder what you can do with them all, well this is the day of red peppers. I had 4 so found a Jamie Oliver Roasted Stuffed Peppers (love his recipes) and I can't begin to tell you just how good this dish is. So if you have a few peppers around that need using here's how. Yellow or green work just as well. I always find Jamie's recipes so perfectly balanced and also easy to make.
You will need:-
1. 4 peppers
2. sea salt & ground black pepper
3. 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
4. 25 cherry tomatoes (I didn't have 25 so I just diced up some bigger ones)
5. 2 fresh chillies red or green (finely chopped) I also removed the seeds.
6. 1-2 TBspoons capers (rinsed & dried)
7. a good handful of stoned black olives chopped
8. fresh basil
9. 1 TBspoon wine vinegar
10. 3TBspoons olive oil
11. 4 slices of rustic bread
12. 4 mozzarellas
13. 2 handfuls of rocket salad
Preheat oven to 200c
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise - remove the seeds but leave the stems. Season with salt and place on a baking tin lined with baking paper,cut side up.
In a bowl mix together the finely chopped garlic, tomatoes, chillies, capers, olives and basil leaves. Season with salt,pepper, oil & vinegar and mix well with your hands. Fill the peppers with the mixture and cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes.
Toast bread and then place a pepper on each slice, top with mozzarella and a garnish of rocket and a little drizzle of oil. As you can see I had mine with chips and it was delicious and highly recommend.