Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuna Cake with Red Pepper & Preserved Lemon.. Delicious



I went with a girlfriend to the hairdressers the other day and whilst waiting for her I was browsing through a magazine (not much else to do) found this recipe and thought to myself I can’t write all this down or remember it so I did the unforgivable and yes I tore half the page out.  I have been on the receiving end of this whilst looking through a magazine and turning the page the last part was missing grrr that drives me nuts! But I have no joined the club and become a page ripper, of course I could have lied to you and told you I made this recipe up all by myself but that would be cheating J have you ever done this and would you admit it.

Anyway I made the cake last night and it is utterly delicious, the tanginess of the lemon with the tuna oh not forgetting the olives, it all just melts in your mouth with knockout flavours. I had 9 emails after posting this on Face book last night asking me for the recipe, so here it is. Let me know if you ever try it out would love to hear what you thought of it.

This is for 6/8 people
150g tuna in brine
50g black stoned olives
220g Self raising flour sieved
2 eggs
2 small pots of plain yogurt
90g   grated parmesan
1 preserved lemon (citron confit)
½   a red pepper
Olive oil 75ml

Use a large bowl and add the flour with 5 tablespoons of olive oil, the eggs, yogurt, and parmesan. Drain the tuna and add to mixture, chop the olives, pepper and lemon into small pieces and add a little salt and a fresh ground black pepper. Mix the lot together and place in a slightly greased bread tin. Cook for 35/40 minutes at 180g (6) let it cool before removing from tin and then cut into slices and serve with a green salad. Enjoy


I make my own preserved lemons and here is the recipe I use and they store for up to a year in the fridge. http://flavorevolutions.com/Recipes/citronconfit.php

9 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Welcome to the page rippers club! Hehe ^.^ I've never done that before (out of other people's magazines that is), but hey, you gotta do whatcha gotta do to get amazing recipes, right? LOL

That does look pretty darn good!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Kayla I have cussed people for doing it but now what can I say had to be done! and I must remind myself never to go sit with a friend whilst she is having her hair done how boring is that. Thanks for popping in

perlengirl said...

Thank you very much for the information. I will dry this cake during the next birthday party of my mother.

Greetings

Andrea

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Andrea hope you come back and tell me what a success it was

osovictoria said...

This just sounds delicious and perfect snack food. Is the tuna packed in oil or water, what's a black stoned olive, is that two small containers of yogurt, about 8 oz. each? I can convert the measurement to oz and cups and google search stoned olives. I think even if the measurements are a little off it will still taste heavenly. Oh, and better find out what 180g is in temp, probably 350-400 F

And, yes I tear out recipes in magazines too.

Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe, I'll let you know how it turned out, maybe I can do a tutorial and let folks know where this shameful recipe came from. Although as you might guess I am very slow about these things. Great Papaya Ointment by the way, perfect for chapped lips., thanks again for that one.

city said...

nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Victoria, the tuna is in brine (salt water) Black stoned olive is with the stone removed, but you could use green olives. mmh if unsure re the yoghurt just add one pot and if the consistency looks stiff then add the other. Can't wait to hear what you think of it and yes dare you do a tutorial and shame me:)
As for the papaya I love it and Nic is sending me a Moroccan clay to try out and will be doing a review and give away soon, so watch out
for that one. Thanks for popping in and I will be watching for your
post:)

Kate Sarsfield said...

How to get disguise fish into something the others will eat! Thanks Chrissie!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Indeed Kate and the kids loved it too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...