Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Two Fat Quarters


Last week I received two fat quarters 46cm x 56xm (18" x 22") from Higgs & Higgs one is a beautiful cotton print with Dragonflies & Wildflowers on a mauve background, the other is Rabbits & Hares with a grass green background with red flowers. I wanted to see what I could make from one fat quarter and so I decided to make a Thread catcher which shows the dragonflies of beautifully and a matching wrist pin cushion with a rolled rose center.  I then  used a strip to finish of a tea towel or guest towel and was left with two small squares which I piped in grey and made a lavender sachet and the very last piece just made another rolled rose which I plopped onto the sachet. I still have the Hares & Rabbits to do. Dream fabric to work with and very reasonably priced. Have a look at their web site, and  I would suggest you  make a cuppa before you start as you  might be some time in there. What do you think you would have made?







2 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Goodness, you really made the most out of that quarter of fabric didn't you?! I would LOVE to learn how to sew and make things like this. I hope to one day learn though :)

I can envision that rabbit and green fabric becoming a beautiful little sundress!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

It is amazing just what you can actually get out of one Fat Quarter. I looked on pinterest and was totally spoilt for choice. Grab yourself a machine and have a go, you might just surprise yourself Kayla. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...