Saturday, March 14, 2015

All these gifts & it's not even my Birthday

Over the past two weeks my postman has been kept busy delivering all these wonderful gifts from friends. It's no where near my birthday either!!  I am so moved and touched that I have such special friends in  my life and I thank each and every one of you for your love and kindness.

   A lovely touch of nostalgia for me, have not tasted these since I was a wee lass, sent by my Scottish friend Mary... Thank you so much 

 My dear friend of many many years Meredith sent me this album (yes an album) now I will have to dig out the turntable so I can play this again. She remembered how much I loved this music and sent it over to me. I am so touched  
 Well this is going to be interesting to try and I have been told they are good, it gets cooked in the bag! I will let you know when I try it out.

  I happened to mention on a Face book post that I used to love Angel Delight Butterscotch when I was about 10 or 11. So a few days later these arrived  along with the cook in the bag jobs from my friend Bridget.


The sweet card came from Meredith along with the album


And from my DH a bunch of Lillies

and finally some dried chillies, nutmeg and a tea towel from Lavada who has just returned from a holiday in  Singapore.

PS:  To Jean who sent me the beautiful  vintage lace collars that are not shown, I have put them somewhere so safe I can't find them right now!! but I will and when I do I will add them to this fabulous collection of goodies. Remember when you were trying to find them to send to me and you couldn't find them either for awhile:)

 The tea cakes are long gone and the Sticky chicken will be tried tonight. 

xxx
thank you girls I love you all to pieces

5 comments:

Mary Lindsay said...

Can't wait to hear how the BBQ chicken tased, I've never tried Magi but think I can still get it. Also thank you for your lovely words, not only is it not your Birthday,Mothers day is still to come - who knows what that wll bring you. xx Mary

janet said...

you deserve them all!! I must send you those jpeg images I promised x

Pinkflorentina said...

I still have my eye on those teacakes but imagine their long gone now. Aren't friends just wonderful!!,

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Janet and thank you for that. I had forgotten about the images :)

Krishenkas Treasures said...

I am afraid to say they are long gone indeed Pink and have spread accordingly
xx yes friends are wonderful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...