Monday, January 24, 2011

Five in the Bed (Ok 4 were books)


Having been flattened  by some horrid flu bug last week that left me with only just  enough energy to lift a book (lucky).  I took to my bed armed with copious amounts of tissues, water, cough medicine oh and of course books.  Could have found the toilet paper hat very useful too! curtesy of


 Restless by William Boyd 
"During the long hot summer of 1976, Ruth Gillmartin discovers that her very English mother, Sally, is really Eva Delectoskaya, a Russian émigré and one time spy."




 Engleby by Sebastian Faulks
When the novel opens in the 1970s, he is a university student, having survived a "traditional" school. A man devoid of scruple or self-pity, Engleby provides a disarmingly frank account of English education.


The Almost Moon by Alice Seabold
Clair Knightly and her daughter Helen are locked in a relationship so unrelenting that it has sucked the air out of both of their lives.


Ghost story by Toby Litt
Agatha and Paddy were to have a baby. They bought a new house on the south coast. But then something happened and they found they couldn't fill their new home - no matter how they tried.


I enjoyed all of them except for Ghost story which I have not finished and not sure if I will. I read 4 chapters and then put it down and unless someone tells me it's worth continuing then it may stay down. Would love to know if you have read any of the above and what you thought of them.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

almost moon looks like an awesome book. i'll add it to my list!

Thea said...

haha. That toilet paper hat is awesome!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

I would def give the almost moon a try in fact I can send you mine Elizabeth if you want it! maybe would can start a book share!

Thea I think I might just have to make one of these hats but won't do my bed cred any good how sexy can you get!! mind you my red nose could light up Sydney Harbout at the momnet:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...