Tuesday, May 17, 2011

*******Death of a Sheet*******


Well that's it, it's over, finished after 41 years of faithful service to me, family and friends. My sheet is dead :(. You might think me mad but the reason I loved this sheet so much was I was there at it's birth.  I was 17 when I  watched my mother lovingly zig zagging all the edges. I never did tell her how much I disliked the colour  and might add I still don't.  Despite the colour I have used them all the same, and I think my mama would be pleased. But last night I managed to poke my toes through the sheet at least three if not four times.
My daughter suggested that I make something out of the good part but somehow I know that will not happen.
So farwell my trusty sheet and thank you mama.xx

 

2 comments:

Roomsofmyheart said...

Dear Krishenka...My wish for you baby sheet, is to make a baby pillow case for your daughter's baby one day...noooooooo don't let it go away...

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Grief why did I not think of that first!!! My grandaughter Poppy is three and she has to have everything pink. Oh I will have to save it and pass it on as you suggested. And to think I nearly gave it to my DH for rags. I promise I will now do something will let you know :) thank you so much

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...