Monday, July 11, 2011

*******La Pastèque*******

If you have never tried this dish then I truly recommend it. Light and refreshing and looks fabulous on the dinner table. I find water melons can sometimes be quite bland on their own and this recipe just seems to make it pop.




Ingredients

This will feed 4/6 as a starter or 4  for a main course

1 pasteque (water melon)
1 large red onion ( finely chopped)
good handful of black olives
jar of cubed feta cheese
two handfuls of mint
1 lime

Cut the pasteque into bit sized cubes (if your melon has seeds they need to be removed, sorry this is a bit of a pain to do but well worth the effort,  today I cheated and bought a seedless one). Then add melon to a large flatish dish. Drain oil off feta and add a few cubes along with the olives and red onion. Tear your mint leaves and sprinkle over and just keep laying up till it looks good. Finally slice your lime and add on top and then place dish in fridge for a couple of hours and then serve with crusty bread. Oh squeeze the lime juice over just before you get stuck in.

Do let me know if you try it I would love to hear what you think.

Bon appetite

6 comments:

PoetessWug said...

WOW! What is this today with recipes for watermelon?! There must be a watermelon sale going on somewhere that I missed! LOL I just saw a dish made with watermelon, goat cheese and basil on someone else's blog!! It's all new to me! I love watermelon...as is...with a sprinkle of salt on it. Try it! It gets rid of the bland! And one of these days I'm gonna have to have it 'your' way!! ^_^

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

Usually I'm not very adventurous when it comes to the food I put in my mouth, but I might just have to try this dish.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Must be the time of year Poet.I took a bit and sprinkled with salt as you suggested and your right it was good. mmh goats cheese and basil I wil try that one too love goat's cheese.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Hi Shanimals would love to hear from you if you do try it, always good to try something different.

Adaptable Kay said...

Mmmm...That looks incredible!

I've never really tried to do anything with watermelon aside from eating it on it's own or in fruit salad, so I can't wait to give this a try :)

Krishenkas Treasures said...

I hope you try it and then come back and tell me how good it was. I quite fancy trying the goats cheese and basil version soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...