Tuesday, August 16, 2011

****Love in a Walnut ****



Well it's only Tuesday but nevertheless I am in awe at the generosity I have experienced just in the last few days  from friends and family. First I get a huge basket of fabulous veggies from my neighbour. Discovered the delights again of my Pyhsalis or Cape Gooseberry plants with their paper husks, they not only taste good but are so beautiful to look at. The walnut above gave me it's heart when I split it :)


Next I popped into a friends for a coffee yesterday and came away armed with a huge amount of barlotti beans, another beautiful plant with it's red and green streaks and a sweetish flavour with a smooth creamy texture. Just so happens that my girlfriend also gave me a jar of Sticky Hoisin sauce so I came  home with dinner almost sorted. Couldn't help but think the beans would make a great necklace or bracelet and then had to slap myself and get the dinner sorted.

Then my daughter presented me with a  beautiful long two toned blue scarf that she hand dyed up at Chateau Dumas where they held  a days course on woad dyeing. I love it, so looking forward to wearing it. I have added a link for  Bleu De Lecture as if your not aware of the plant that produces this amazing colour and
 it's a fascinating read, have a look at what she does with soaps,paints and more.
The best bit is yet to come no disrespect to the above for their fabulous gifts. My son and family are coming tomorrow yipeee!!! for a week, many cuddles and kisses will be shared, haven't seen them for 8 months, so a big catch up is due. I am a very happy and lucky girl.

3 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Congrats on the load of goodies!! :-) And have fun with your son and family this week!...I'm sure all your goodies are gonna be enjoyed for sure now! ^_^

Adaptable Kay said...

Look at you and all your wonderful and beautiful goodies! You must have had a lot of good Karma your way this week :)

And your family for a visit is so great! I'm happy for you :)

Of course, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Thank you girls wish you could pop over to share the goodies:) will let you know what we get up to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...