Sunday, June 5, 2011

3 Wise Men a Bug and a Bottle of Fockink Gin!


My Son in Law found this the other day when cutting wood,we just can't work out what it is,  more to the point how it just happened to leave it's entire body behind. See for yourself, it has a split down the back centre line but how did it manage to leave the shell intact?  I think this will remain a mystery unless someone can explain this to me. Meanwhile stopping off at a vide grenier (car boot sale)on the way home today I came across the three wise men and, you would have thought they would  have known what it was but I think they had been to the same bar in Spain where I discovered this bottle of Fockink Gin!!! I am no further forward.





6 comments:

Sarah said...

It's a cicada shell! The cicada is an insect that attaches itself to a surface (usually bark on a tree) and molts to become an adult. They make a really distinctive sound (similar to a song) at dusk. When I was little, I'd stick cicada shells to my shirt to scare my best friend :)

Krishenkas Treasures said...

yay thanks Sarah delighted to know this and really appreciate you stopping by to let me know. Just found a great site on them. Bet it did scare your friends they are quite spooky looking

Krishenkas Treasures said...

Found a great picture of one emerging from the shell so added it to let you see.

Adaptable Kay said...

Wow, that's definitely something to find while chopping wood! LOL I would have freaked out until I found out it was just a shell O.o

It's quite interesting the way they do that though!

I love the 3 wise men and Fockink Gin-Those are great xD

Krishenkas Treasures said...

It is as you say Kayla and it is amazing how tough the shell is, it blew of the table several times whilst I was trying to get a picture. As for the gin wouldn't you just love to go and order one at the bar whilst trying to keep you face straight:)

MaryE said...

A charmed life you lead my dear! and hats off to you. I could hep you down that Focking Gin if I was closer, but as I'm not -have one for me. xx Your bud. Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...