Monday, October 31, 2011

HERO by Zhang Yimou 2002

In ancient China during the Warring States Period, a nameless prefect of a small jurisdiction arrives at the Qin state's capital city to meet the king of Qin. The king has just survived an attempt on his life by three feared assassins (Long Sky, Flying Snow, and Broken Sword), and has taken precautions to protect himself, including forbidding visitors to approach closer than 100 paces to his throne. Nameless claims that he had slain the three assassins and he displays their weapons before the king, who is impressed and allows Nameless to sit progressively closer to him and tell him his story



This is one of the best visual movies I have seen, made in 2002  released in 2004 but I had never heard of it till the other day! don't know where I have been hiding. Beautiful and beguiling a true  martial arts extravaganza the colours are stunning loved every minute of it. If you have not seen this then you are in for a visual treat.

7 comments:

osovictoria said...

I'll have to watch it! sounds stunning, thanks for sharing.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

You will totally love it I promise Victoria.

susan hemann said...

I would love to see the movie. Everytime there is a movie I want to see, it is never at a theater in my area.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

double drat Susan ask around a friend might have taped it.

osovictoria said...

It's a rental from Netflix, but it is not streaming, I'll have to check our local video store.

Krishenkas Treasures said...

You might find it on this site
www.rottentomatoes.com/ I got it from the BBC film on 4

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh wow, this looks like a movie that I'm very interested in! I'll definitely have to try to find it and watch it myself :)

Thanks for the recommendation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...